The National Meeting with Science and Technology "Ciência 2019 - Encontro com a Ciência e Tecnologia em Portugal" was held at the Lisbon Congress Center on July 8 to 10, 2019.
This year's meeting is special and full of scientific celebrations: 100 years of Arthur Eddington's expedition to Sâo Tome and Principe, 100 years of the International Astronomical Union (IAU), 50 years of man's first landing on the moon, 500 years of the circumnavigating voyage of Fernão de Magalhães, and 150 years since the creation of the Periodic Table of the Chemical Elements -the United Nations and UNESCO have declared that 2019 would be the International Year of the Periodic Table of the Chemical Elements.
As usually Ciência 2019 brought together researchers and participants from all sectors of society and all areas of scientific research and development.
This event was promoted by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) in collaboration with Ciência Viva - National Agency for Scientific and Technological Culture and the Parliamentary Committee on Education and Science, having the institutional support of the Government through the Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
LSRE-LCM researchers where present at this meeting showcasing their ongoing research work.
- José Carlos Lopes, Marcelo Costa, Carlos Teixeira, Madalena Dias - NET4CO2: The NETmix technology as a driver for the carbon dioxide circular economy, Oral Presentation
- Cláudia G. Silva, Maria J. Sampaio, Maria J. Lima, Raquel A. Fernandes, Joana C. Lopes, Catarina C. Pereira, Ricardo Santos, Adrián M.T. Silva, Joaquim L. Faria - Faça-se luz: uma perspectiva geral sobre processos fotocatalíticos, Oral Presentation
- Jonathan C. Gonçalves, Qian Shi, Alexandre F. P. Ferreira, Alírio E. Rodrigues - Improvement of the production of p-xylene through process intensification, Oral Presentation
- Ana M. Gorito, Ana Rita Ribeiro, Cristina M.R. Almeida, Adrián M.T Silva - Constructed wetlands and advanced oxidation processes to remove micropollutants from aquaculture farms, Poster Communication
- Marta O. Barbosa, Ana Rita Ribeiro, Manuel F.R. Pereira, Adrián M.T. Silva - EU Organic Micropollutants: Their Occurrence in Environmental Matrices, Poster Communication
- Liliana P.L. Gonçalves, Juliana P.S. Sousa, Olívia Salomé G. P. Soares, Yury V. Kolenko, Manuel F. R. Pereira - Ni-based catalysts for CO2 methanation, Poster Communication
- Albertina Rios, Ana Mafalda Ribeiro, Alírio Rodrigues, Alexandre Ferreira - Bovine Serum Albumin and Myoglobin Separation by Size Exclusion and Ion Exchange Chromatography, Poster Communication
- Margarida S.C.A. Brito, Cláudio Fonte, Madalena Dias, José Carlos Lopes, Ricardo Santos - Chemical Development – Scale-Up From Lab to Plant, Poster Communication
- Hugo Bacelo, Sílvia Santos, Cidália Botelho - Development of tannin-resins, obtained from Pinus pinaster bark, for water treatment applications, Poster Communication
Demonstrative Tecnology Stand of CoLAB NET4CO2 - NET4CO2 first milestone: carbon dioxide capturing via hydrates - The NETMix technology in the carbon circular economy arena
See other interesting information from this year’s edition at:
Alírio Rodrigues, Emeritus Professor at University of Porto was the winner of R(esearch)+D(evelopment)+i(nnovation) Excellence Medal at CIBIQ 2019 that took place in Santander-Spain from June 19th to 21st, 2019.
This award was recognition of an extraordinary research career in the field of Separation Processes and Chemical Reaction.
The 3rd ANQUE-ICCE-CIBIQ International Congress of Chemical Engineering in Santander, Spain was organized by ANQUE, the Spanish National Association of Chemists and Chemical Engineers, in collaboration with AQUIQÁN, the Association of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Cantabria.
This international congress of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE), aims to be a reference in the field of chemical engineering and chemistry applied to the industry. This year edition was attended by more than 500 professionals/researchers from 28 countries during 3 days in which more than 600 communications, 5 plenary lectures and 72 specific sessions has been presented.
More information about CIBIQ winners 2019 at ANQUE: https://anque.es/2019/06/25/entrega-de-premios-icce-y-cibiq-2019/#